Monday, May 19, 2008

Let's get a movin'




I said in my previous post that I had extreme fatigue. Now, that I'm past the two weeks after radiation I have all my energy back and more. As many of you know I hate exercise. I fell asleep one time after doing the warm up portion of Jane Fonda's workout tape. Anyway, chemo has made me gain some weight so I'm determined to ge rid of it. I bought a cheap pair of shoes from Wal-mart and pretty much walk everywhere. I went walking and added a little jogging on Saturday. I was so winded that I almost fainted BUT Ashley always wants to faint right???..lol Then my muscles were sore on Sunday and I was so tired that I thought I didn't want to do anything. I ate a whole bunch of "not so good for you" stuff so almost instantly I was putting on my yoga pants and lacing up my shoes. We went to the park. I still can't run a lot but I notice I can run a little more or walk a little more each time. It helps that gas prices are rising so we try to walk to the grocery store or the bank. I feel so much better exercising. I just hope to keep it up. We'll see what happens in couple of months.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ash! I'm glad that you're doing better. Just to let you know, I hate to exercise to, but you should try Hip Hop Abs... Girl, it's fun and you lose inches.. Anyways, keep it up!

Love,
Kissmitt

Unknown said...

Hi Ash,

I'm happy to hear you're doing great. Before I got pregnant, Kevin, Shell and I used to do P90X. It works if you're determined to excerise. There are 11 dvds and it's only 1 hour a day. Let me know if you want it and we can burn you the dvds.

love,
san

Anonymous said...

Dear Ashley,
Hi, my name is Lindsey and I have never meant you, but you are an inspiration. The strength and courage you have to defeat this gruesome disease is truly inspirational! I wanted to let you know that I am a Team in Training runner and I am running in honor of your battle. Your friend Sarah, who you worked with in Hawaii, contributed to sponsorship in honor of you and others. This Sunday, June 1st, I will be running in the Rock and Roll Marathon. I promised my supporters that I would put the names of loved ones fighting Leukemia or Lymphoma on my jersey. If you are okay with it, your name will be on a ribbon on my back. Best wishes in your journey to wellness. I am running for people who can't.
Lindsey