Monday, January 26, 2009

The Year of the Ox + bringing you up to date


Kung hee fat choy or Gung Hay Fat Choy!!! Luckily for all the procrastinators Chinese New Year gives us about a month to catch up on the things we wanted to tell our family and friends during Christmas.

Well we all know how the beginning of 2008 was for us so I’m going to tell you how it ended.







In September Keoki & I decided to take the boys to Disneyland! We got to stay for 6 days and we had a blast. Logan was a little scared of the characters walking around but Mason had no fear. He jumped out of the stroller and walked right up to them. Logan couldn’t bear to be the scaredy cat in front of his younger brother so he instantly got over his fear and hugged them. Pretty soon they were the typical crazy children wanting their picture with every character they saw.












Keoki doesn’t like to ride on the rides and the boys were too little to go on the big stuff so I didn’t do most of them. I did go on the Maliboomer, Space Mountain & Indiana Jones though. We absolutely LOOVED the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters ride. I think we did that and the Astro Orbitor everyday atleast twice. Our favorite place to hang out was Tomorrowland and Toontown.



My most memorable moment was when we all went on the Toy Story ride. We must’ve stood in line about 45min. Anyway when we got on we entered the ride with our 3D glasses and we were being spun around. Then we stopped. Some technical failure but our guns still kept shooting at the screen. I looked over to Logan sitting next to me and Keoki & Mason in the other cart and everyone is having the time of their life smiling and laughing. It was priceless. I’m smiling now just thinking about it.



Then right after that I got hired to do a movie called “Tempest” on Lanai and the Big Island. I was gone from the boys from October until right before Christmas. It was the hardest show I’ve worked on. You have to ship everything you need to Lanai. No fast food restaurants, Office Depot or Home Depot on that island. But the hardest thing was being away from the boys for that long. They came to see me once but I was working so long that it was hard to spend time with them.

Keoki is my rock. He took care of the boys and worked during that time. I’m not sure how he pulled it off without strangling any of the boys but he did. He’s awesome!


Logan also enrolled in Chinese school. He goes every week on Sundays for a couple of hours. Everytime I ask him what he did in school his reply is “eat snacks”..lol. He knows how to say “hello”, “goodbye”, and count to 4. He really enjoys it and I like the fact that he’s able to learn another language and culture.


Christmas & New Year came and went so fast. Then January was here and all the birthdays. We had so many birthdays to celebrate like my mom, Ayva, and BJ. We also had a whole bunch of our friends and their kids celebrating too.

Then Mason turned 2 on the 21st and Logan turned 4 on the 25th. We celebrated with a combined party for them at the Box Car Track. It was lots of fun. Logan even did a short lion dance with his costume we bought in Chinatown.


Now I hope it’ll slowdown so I can get on my photography again but some movie or show always comes in and my photography gets put on the back burner. We’ll see how much I get done during this break.

Click to play The year of the Ox
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

I hope the year of the Ox brings you Happiness, Health & Prosperity!

2 comments:

TinaMarie said...

i know!
it's so good to have all these means of communication.
it's nice.
hopefully i master facebook and this blogspot soooon.
lol, im such a myspace addict!
ahah.


i LOVE all these pictures.
and i had no idea that you guys went on a trip!
LUCKY!
so good to see you guys had fun!
=]

Village Talkies said...

This post is really amazing
Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.