Thursday, December 27, 2007

Being home for the first time & my first date


Today the kiddies went over to papa's house while I got some much needed rest and Keoki went to return equipment from a job he did on Friday. He made sure to make me breakfast before he left because it's still hard for me to use my right arm from the biopsies. He'd be gone for about 4 hours and I was having an anxiety attack thinking about being home alone. I know help is just a few doors down but wanting to be independent sometimes makes you refuse to call out even when you need it. I was excited because Keoki said we're going to go out on a date...just me and him.

Around 3pm we were out on our way to see if Best Buy still had the Wii left. I knew it was a fat chance but I was glad to be out with my husband. Still we walked around and acted like there wasn't a worry in the world.

Then we went to Costco to pick up my Caffe D'Vita Mocha Cappuccino. My mother-in-law, Chiyo had recommended I drink that with my many pills I need to take am & pm. I was dreading it the day I came out of the hospital and she just told me to make a cup of this mocha goodness to help it all go down. Well, mother knows best because IT WORKS! I have taken all my pills with this magic potion and no nausea....so far.

I was getting hungry so we were driving in the car and trying to decide where to go. Keoki is suggesting here and there and my body just couldn't agree. A little frustrated he goes "geez it's like you're pregnant"..lol He is so funny. I love that he can make me laugh no matter how I'm feeling. We ended up at Genki Sushi at Ward Center. Ate lots and just had a great time enjoying eachother. Here's a few pictures of today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off, how can you be sick, you still look so hot. Tell me your secret because even when I wake up in the morning, I look like some hag. I received your email and my heart and prayers go out to you girl. But I can't imagine another filipino tita who can kick this cancer than you. You are an amazing and resilient young woman, and you still have much to contribute to our world. Besides our kids are betrothed and you are slated to be their photographer at their wedding (Mason & Maddy). He he...

I've passed the news on to Zenaida and some of the other girls. I wanted to share your story of survival and I hope you continue to be an example of a fighter to all those facing the same situation, or anyone struggling through their lives. Thank you for sharing your life and opening your heart to all of us.

If there is anything I can do, despite the fact that we are so far away, don't hesitate to ask. God Bless you Ash, Keoki, Logan, and Mason. May this new year bring you joy and happiness! We love you!