Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Eve


This year our family really felt the joy of the receiving end of giving. We were invited to a small get together at Angie’s house. It was great to see everyone and catch up on what’s going on and our hopes of what 2008 will bring. Towards the end of the party Angie gathered everyone around her living room to make an announcement. With everyone standing shoulder to shoulder in a circle Angie presented me with an envelope that was almost bursting at the seams. She had said it was from mostly everyone in our little film industry. I opened the envelope and money just seemed to fan out. I was overwhelmed. I could not believe how many people donated money to help me fight this cancer. The envelope held about $8500. That will definitely help with hospital & doctor bills and especially my pharmacy bills. I can’t thank everyone enough for coming together and giving us what I call “gifts of love” to our family. Keoki and I just kept saying how lucky we are to have all of you wonderful people in our lives. I've come to the realization that cancer is a group effort. There is no way I would have made it through my hospital stay if it weren't for everyone coming by, spending time with me, sending flowers and cards with words of encouragement. I would not have been so healthy at this point if it weren't for Keoki's family setting up the Smith Wellness Center for me or Papa and Auntie Alisa watching the boys while Keoki and I go to all my dr. visits, treatments and just needing to rest. I would not have a smile on my face if everyone stopped emailing me their positive thoughts or phone calls just to check how I was feeling that day. Cancer is a beast but with all the love, support and prayer that each and everyone of you have for us I just know we’ll see nothing but good health in 2008. Thanks for being part my cancer fighting team! I can't do it without ya!

I'll be posting the names of everyone who have contributed to this beautiful gift. I just need some time to sort it all out. There were so many of you :)

2 comments:

marzie247 said...

eh! wassup crazy filipino gurl...hehehe...
hey ash, gottah give it up to u gurl...ur taking charge of the situation and doing ur best to calmly diffuse the problem... hats off to u gurl... i would like to be apart of ur team and help u fight ur cancer k...N im pretty sure dah crazy samoanz wanna participate too k, so, please give me an address where our donations can be sent too, and well become part of ur team "CAPTAIN"!!!!
look forward to hearing from u, ur in my prayers and enjoy urself, smile, and kiss those lovely boiz of urz....
lovelove
Marzie

Anonymous said...

Me too!!! I want know where to send $$.
Ipo