Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I'm so HIRED!!!


I should have posted this a while ago but just didn’t have time to get around to it. I’m lucky to have Angie and Frank as bosses. Back in Oct or Nov of last year we got word that a movie with Lifetime was going to come early January. Well, when I got diagnosed I totally thought I wouldn’t be able to work. Especially after finding out that I would have weekly doctors appointments along with weekly chemo appointments. Anyway, they made it happen and I started to work on Jan. 14. It was weird because just the weekend before I started I felt miserable. I wasn’t sure I was able to make it to work on the next day. Actually, I remember getting up for work and feeling blah but got ready and drove to work. Amazingly, right when I drove up I felt better and as I started to work and get my mind off of my sickness I felt wonderful. Being back to work has been the best thing for me. I did have a couple of days that week when I had to stay home but everyone was ok with it and that’s where I’m lucky. Both Frank and Angie have told me time and time again that my health is more important. I don’t feel any hesitation telling them how I’m feeling or if I need time off. Working on a movie is very demanding and with me doing all my appointments and being out as much as I am puts more work on everyone else. I’m lucky they still want keep me. Maybe it’s because I cry and beg and you can’t say “no” to cancer girl..just kidding. Thanks Frank and Angie for being so good to me and making it happen. Because of them being ok with it they convinced everyone else to be ok with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey ash,
your boss looks like Paul McCartney. :)