Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week 11 of chemo down and one more week to go!


Mason can't wait for chemo to be over for his mama!!!


This past week I went to chemo on Thursday and Friday. Every 3rd Friday is a booster chemo treatment for me. I can’t believe I only have one more to go. They gave me my nausea medication as usual and then started to give me treatment. If any of you know what Ativan for nausea is then you’ll know it makes you feel like you’ve had a glass or sometimes a bottle of wine. I go to sleep every time but this time it made me feel loopy way after I was done with my treatment. I didn’t really feel so good. On Friday I felt so out of it. On top of that I felt so constipated again from the double day of chemo treatments. I just went home and slept it off. I felt way better yesterday. Now, I’m up all night doing stuff around the house and eating again…YIKES!!! Those steroids make you an insomniac and constantly make you hungry. I’m glad I have only one more week of all those meds. I can’t wait to get off most of them.

Oh and on Friday the lovely gals in the chemo room started to talk to me about how they couldn’t believe I’m already done with week 11 and will be done next week. I started to cry and everyone thought It was cute but I couldn’t stop. Is that weird to be sad to be leaving? I still need to think about that one. I’ll blog later ‘cause I still need to think why I’m so emotional about it all. I’m just a crazy, emotional lady nowadays..lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!! You've been one strong cookie through it all. Praise God, he's got you covered.

Thanks again for the pampering. You know I never would have done that for myself but I'm grateful you did.

Love you,
mom chiyo

Gerard Elmore said...

Awesome!!!!

Looks like the end of your hard grueling journey is almost over.

Those x-rays are awesome news and I'm sure it will only get better!

You will win this battle for sure!

All the very best and you are a true champ!

Gerard.