Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary Keoki!!!


On Saturday 2/2, Keoki and I had our 6th anniversary. Keoki surprised me by getting off work to spend the day with our boys and me. We ended up going to Chinatown to check out all the festivities for the Chinese New Year. Even though it was raining there wasn’t any parking and I got motion sickness in the car driving all around. We ended up finding parking at Mark’s Garage and didn’t know that they don’t have elevators. Keoki had to carry the stroller down three flights of stairs. Anyway, on Thursday I had my 8th treatment of Chemo and it made me super tired and brought on the nausea. All I wanted to do was stay home and sleep but didn’t want to waste a day out with the boys. I know it’s bad to not listen to my body during this time but I badly wanted to be out with the family. We didn’t stay long because of the rain and Logan freaked out when he saw the Lion Dance. The Lion dance was beautiful and Mason got to give dollars for good luck. I had to give the Lion money too just to seal the deal on good health J. I started to feel faint so we left after a little while and went home so I could sleep. It doesn’t sound like a great anniversary but it was wonderful for us.

I also have the perfect song for Keoki. I know too mushy for y’all but I’m so in love with this guy. Alicia Keys puts it best so click on the video to the right and enjoy "No One". Such the perfect song for us. It’s funny because we’ve been together for 8 years and 6 of them being married. Depending on whom you talk to 6 years is long time or short while. I feel like I’ve known him for lifetimes. We are so connected but I know it’s because of everything we have been through. We come out stronger every time we are faced with something. It’s really because Keoki is so strong and dedicated that he’ll never give up. He’ll never let me give up. Even when it all seems like it’s coming down and I feel like there’s now way it’ll get better. He has a gift to seriously make it all better. I’m an so lucky to have married my perfect man and along with him came an awesome family that I adore and have been a tremendous help during this time. Yes, you can say I’m blessed and I count all my blessings everyday and am very thankful for this life I’ve been given. I hope you all realize your blessings in your life big or small.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

such sweet comments about keoki...he's alright, i guess...it's actually really nice to see how you two are so perfect for eachother...although i never really listened to the lyrics of "no one" before now, it truly fits you 2 right on.

by the way, love all your pictures of alicia ash, great composition and poses!

Reel Services/Hawaii, Inc. said...

Your spirit is such an inspiration, Ashley. I have a good friend who left on Sunday for the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle. Like you, she is my inspiration, too. The 2 of you were floor mates at Queens during December. I regret that you never met each other. You 2 are the strongest ladies I know and I feel blessed to know both of you.

A big, healing smooch from me to you...Sue L.

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th anniversary.
Ash you are so beautiful!!!

Can't wait to see you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm enjoying reading all your blogs and seeing all the pretty pictures!!! Remember, prego pics when it finally happens for us!! Dave says hi and congrats too! Thanks for the pretty family picture you sent...so cute!! Love and Blessings...Amy