Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hair today, Gone tomorrow

On New Year’s Day I decided to shave off all of my hair. I was afraid to wake up one morning and have all my hair on my pillow. I had no idea how emotional it would be for me. I figured once I get it off then I can start to accept that my hair is gone. I’ll begin to realize I’m just going through the rhythms of cancer. It was funny because it seemed like Keoki was more scared to see me bald. He used the longest clip on the buzzer then I kept telling him I want it shorter and shorter. Eventually he buzzed me with no clip and emerged was a monk..lol It was funny. I found that my head is oddly shaped but the most shocking fact about my head is that I have a couple birthmarks. WHO KNEW?? I was born with a lot of hair so not even my mama saw my bald head. I also found out my brother has a couple birthmarks on his head too. Thank goodness I’m a girl so I can grow out my hair and cover the odd shape in birthmarks. Everyone says my head looks ok but I feel like it’s weird. Once all the hair was off I instantly felt cold all over my head, ears and neck. I had to put a blanket over my head because I wasn’t prepared with a hat or beanie. Keoki’s mom knitted one up in an hour or so. It was with whatever she had so it ended up being two colors. That one will be for home use only..lol

No comments: