Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My chemo boosting party


This past Saturday, 1/12, my family on my dad’s side decided to throw me a chemo boosting party. It was great. When we walked in all the ladies were wearing scarves on their heads in honor of me. The funny thing was I was the only one not wearing a scarf. I had my super sexy wig on..lol I wasn’t feeling all that great but being around everyone and all the great food helped make it better for me. I had such a good time. This side of the family hardly gets back together. We definitely need to do it more often. We laughed and laughed the whole time. On top of all the good food and laughter my family got together and presented me with another “gift of love”. I got about $800 to help with my hospital, medical and pharmacy bills and especially gas. I didn’t realize I’d be driving so much going to doctor’s appointments and pharmacy trips. Sometimes I’m at the doctor’s office daily. It just depends on how the chemo is on my body. Thank you family for a great party. I loved seeing you all and we must do it again soon. I love you!

1 comment:

Fermina Daza said...

Patti Ryan sent me the link to your blog. I wanted to let you know we are praying for you each and every day. Your positive outlook and wonderful family are so incredible! Thank you for sharing it all with us.


As for the constipation, if the sugary stuff doesn't work (I'm assuming Lactulose?) you could try Miralax (it's a powder and you can get it at Longs). Both of my kids use it and it works really well without the gas and cramps that other treatments can have.